- Form DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility).
- FedEx International Priority Shipping of visa documents.
- Freedom to choose your own health insurance (meeting requirements).
- 24/7 emergency contact details.
- Program orientation via webcam.
- Consultation on housing and J-1 visa questions.
- Program staff specialized in the art, design, and culture fields.
- IA&A representatives available across the U.S.
- Partial refund in case of visa denial (IA&A has less than .05% denial rate).
- Alumni network connections.
Why choose IA&A? If you find the same service and program at a better rate, we will offer free expedited processing.
There is a $250 charge for site visits. If a site visit is required, the DS-2019 cannot be issued until the site visit has been completed. Please allow up to 3 weeks for the entire site visit process.
IA&A maintains a modest scholarship fund for candidates with demonstrable financial need. Applicants requesting financial aid discounts should submit a letter of request with their supporting documents. The letter of request should elaborate on the applicant’s financial need and describe the sources of funding the applicant will receive during their J-1 program. For more information, please refer to Step 3 of the Application Process.
For an additional fee, applicants may request expedited processing of their visa documents. The applicant’s visa documents (including DS-2019 form) will be shipped within 3 business days from receipt of all supporting documents, health insurance, and site visit report (if applicable).
- Regular processing with a site visit: 3 weeks processing time
- Regular processing without a site visit: 2 weeks processing time
- Expedited processing with a site visit: 2 weeks processing time
- Expedited processing without a site visit: 1 week processing time
Please keep in mind that these times are estimates and are contingent on applicants and host organizations submitting all required documents in a timely manner.
Processing time does not account for the time needed to complete a J-1 visa interview at a U.S. embassy abroad and receive the visa back. Applicants are should refer to this website for information on visa wait and processing times at U.S. embassies abroad.
Payment via PayPal is due upon receipt of invoice. Invoices are issued upon approval of online application. Payment plans are available, but we are unable to issue the DS-2019 to you until all payments are completed in full.