Exchange visitors should complete the IA&A Insurance Form and then pick an insurance plan that meets J-1 requirements (see below). They must then provide the following:
- Official proof of purchase showing the description of coverage. The format may be in either one of the following two formats:
- Forward of original confirmation email showing insurance company logo, date of e-mail, and original sender’s email, OR
- Copy of the registration document showing insurance company logo, contact information, stamp, and signature of sender.
- Translation – If the proof of purchase is not in English, you must send a translation along with a signed translation certificate.
- Indication – If you chose to apply to a plan that is not listed on IA&A’s website, you must indicate the text that proves word-for-word that the policy you chose meets the requirements listed on IA&A’s insurance form.